CD-adapco is the world's largest independent CFD-focused provider of engineering simulation software, support and services. We have over 30 years of experience in delivering industrial strength engineering simulation.
CD-adapco is looking for an Application Engineer to join the Technical Pre-Sales team at its London headquarters. This team provides technical information and support to prospective customers in the UK and Northern Europe.
CD-adapco’s Application Engineers work at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in various sectors, such as automotive, oil and gas, defence, energy, marine and F1, working in application areas such as aerodynamics, hydrodynamics, heat transfer, multiphase flows and fluid structure interaction.
The role entails working with potential CD-adapco customers to assess the value of our simulation tools for their product development process. The role involves close work with our Sales team, who handle the commercial aspects of the process. In this customer facing position, you need to quickly generate and effectively maintain strong working relationships. Good communication skills are essential. Application Engineers routinely:
- Conduct product demonstrations for a broad range of applications;
- Present our technology at seminars and conferences;
- Assist with, and take responsibility for, software trials by potential customers evaluating our software in their environment;
- Work on benchmark and validation studies;
- Use all aspects of CAE: CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes;
- Conduct training courses and customised mentoring;
- Follow and use the new modelling techniques and features introduced in each release of STAR-CCM+, 3 times per year, finding new application areas and creating new simulation examples.
- MSc or PhD in fluid mechanics
- Experience with STAR-CCM+ or another commercial CFD code
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a relevant simulation environment
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to operate and travel in the UK and Northern Europe
Knowledge in the following will be advantageous:
- CAD packages (e.g. CATIA v5, Pro/E)
- Codes to which CFD can be coupled to (e.g. FEA or optimisation codes, 1D simulation tools)
- Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish or Dutch
CD-adapco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic, international team, in an organically growing and innovative organisation, like to make things happen, have a passion for problem solving and feel you have the necessary skills, please forward your application (CV and Cover Letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.