CD-adapco (www.cd-adapco.com) is a world leader in the development of cutting edge simulation software and solutions for a wide variety of complex fluid flow, chemical reactions and heat transfer problems. As part of our continued growth we are seeking a highly motivated Application Engineer to join our customer support organization, to provide technical advice in all aspects of engineering analysis to our clients across a wide range of industry sectors.
The role is based at our London headquarters where we support customers based within the UK, Scandinavia and The Netherlands.
This position is an opportunity to be at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in industrial and research environments. You will be operating in various sectors, such as Aerospace, Energy, Automotive, Marine and F1, in application areas such as aerodynamics, thermal cooling, fluid structure interaction, combustion and multiphase flows.
The Application Engineer is responsible for managing a selected set of customer accounts to ensure the technical success of our software. They are expected to work closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow and processes and propose solution methodologies and best practices to help customers meet their objectives. General day to day activities include:
• Interacting with the customers remotely or at their offices, to get a deep understanding of their challenges & assist them with their projects;
• Crafting engineering solutions to fix or improve the customers’ CAE workflow and results - in performance, accuracy and robustness;
• Using all aspects of CFD: CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes;
• Conducting training courses and customised mentoring;
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, like to take initiative and demonstrate good communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
• A good first degree in engineering, mathematics or sciences
• MSc / PhD in fluid mechanics or 2-3 years of relevant work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent problem solving & organisational skills
• Ability to operate and travel in the UK and Northern Europe
Knowledge in the following will be advantageous:
• STAR-CCM+ or other CFD codes
• CAD packages (e.g. CATIA v5, Pro/E, SolidWorks)
• Codes to which CFD can be coupled (FEA or optimisation codes, 1D simulation tools such as GT-Power or DARS for complex chemistry)
• Swedish or Dutch second language
CD-adapco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic, international team, in an organically growing and innovative organisation, like to make things happen, have a passion for problem solving and feel you have the necessary skills, please forward your application (CV and Cover Letter) by the 30th May to: