CD-adapco is the world's largest independent CFD focused CAE provider. Its core products are the technology-leading simulation packages, STAR-CCM+ and STAR-CD.
We are presently looking for an experienced engineer to join the technical support team of our London headquarters, where we look after our customer base in the UK and most of Northern Europe (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and The Netherlands).
This position is an opportunity to be at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in industrial or research environments. You will be operating in various sectors, such as Aerospace, Energy, Automotive, Marine and F1, in application areas such as aerodynamics, thermal cooling, fluid structure interaction, combustion and multiphase flows.
The role entails taking care of an allocated portfolio of companies and ensuring they technically make the most out of CD-adapco’s software products in their design simulation processes, by:
- Interacting with the customers remotely or at their offices, to get a deep understanding of their challenges & assisting them with their projects;
- Crafting engineering solutions to fix or improve the customers’ CAE workflow and results - in performance, accuracy and robustness;
- Using all aspects of CFD: CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes;
- Conducting training courses and customised mentoring;
- Liaising with CD-adapco’s product development team to push through customer-focused enhancements;
- Keeping on top of the new modelling techniques and features introduced in each release of STAR-CCM+, 3 times per year.
- PhD in fluid mechanics or 2-3yrs of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem solving & organisational skills
- Ability to operate and travel in the UK and Northern Europe
Knowledge in the following will be advantageous:
- STAR-CCM+ or other CFD codes
- CAD packages (e.g. CATIA v5, Pro/E, SolidWorks)
- Codes to which CFD can be coupled to (FEA or optimisation codes, 1D simulation tools such as GT-Power or DARS for complex chemistry)
- Swedish, Danish or Dutch second language
CD-adapco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic, international team, in an organically growing and innovative organisation, like to make things happen, have a passion for problem solving and feel you have the necessary skills, please forward your application (CV and Cover Letter) by the 31st January, to: