CD-adapco is the world's largest independent CFD focused provider of engineering simulation software, support and services. We have over 30 years of experience in delivering industrial strength engineering simulation.
07 OCTOBER 2013
CD-adapco is the world's largest independent CFD focused CAE provider. Our core products are the technology-leading simulation packages, STAR-CCM+ and STAR-CD.
CD-adapco is looking for an Application Engineer to join the technical pre-sales team at its London headquarters, who looks after its customers in the UK and most of Northern Europe.
This position is an opportunity to be at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in industrial or research environments. You will be operating in various sectors, such as energy, automotive, marine and F1, in application areas such as aerodynamics, hydrodynamics, thermal cooling, fluid structure interaction and multiphase flows.
The role entails showing potential CD-adapco customers how our simulation tools can technically help them in their product development process, by working closely with the sales team and:
- Conducting product demonstrations and performing benchmark or validation studies;
- Driving trial phases that our potential customers may decide to undertake to validate our software in their environment;
- Presenting our technology at seminars and conferences;
- Using all aspects of CAE: CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes;
- Conducting training courses and customised mentoring;
- Keeping on top of the new modelling techniques and features introduced in each release of STAR-CCM+, 3 times per year, to constantly find new application areas and create new simulation examples.
- MSc or PhD in fluid mechanics
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a relevant simulation environment
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to operate and travel in the UK and Northern Europe
Knowledge in the following will be advantageous:
- STAR-CCM+ or other CFD codes
- CAD packages (e.g. CATIA v5, Pro/E)
- Codes to which CFD can be coupled to (e.g. FEA or optimisation codes, 1D simulation tools)
- Swedish, Norwegian, Danish or Dutch